Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pssst. Intel SSDs are cheaper now.

I don't know how long it'll last, but for the past week or so, Newegg has listed the Maple Crest series / 330 SSD 120GB for $99.99.

Apparently it comes as a kit, too, so if you're looking to install it in a desktop, you're going to save a little extra.

I know that this isn't as cheap as other brands, whose 120GB SSDs were previously listed as low as $80, but to see an Intel SSD this low is remarkable. And I'd grab one, too, if I hadn't placed other things ahead of my priority list, namely some expensive software and my shiny Nexus 7 tablet.

Of course, the price could always drop further, and I'm sure it very well could.  But for now, the $100 price tag is the lowest I've seen, and more importantly, take not of the lack of 1- and 2-star reviews.  It's the SSD that you know you want.

No comments: