Sunday, July 15, 2012

Overcast in Portland -- no auroras :P

Took a quick jaunt out to Sauvie Island and found a couple of spots to try to set up the camera, but I think all I could find was the glow of cities in the distance.  I saw light other than the orange glow, but because of the cloud cover, there was no way of telling what it was.  Bummer.

Still, I got some interesting photos from long exposures and the clouds.

An aside: Have you ever gone to Sauvie Island and sat in the dark?  This city boy is not used to farm animals making all sorts of sounds in the dark.  I've done this a few times now, but it's still a bit unnerving when you're all by yourself in complete darkness.  I can't imagine what it must be like to go backpacking in the back country alone.  Or actually, I can imagine it, and I don't think I'll ever get around to doing that as a solo thing.  I've done the backpacking in the Mojave Desert in a group, but again, I don't think I'd do it alone.

I definitely need a new camera, though.  This 6MP D70S is not cutting it.







No comments: