Friday, May 31, 2013

Tried to watch "Tell me you love me".

Not gonna lie: I added HBO's "Tell me you love me" to my Netflix queue because it featured the incredibly hot Michelle Borth...you know, the eye candy on Hawai'i Five-O.

It's no Californication.  It's too real and too depressing and the drama is all about a lack of communication between couples, but in an unfunny way.  If I wanted this realism, I'd be in a sucky relationship.

I can't decipher the point of watching a dispiriting show, when I know what the flaws are with each character, and they happen to be the same with each of them: they're all self-serving people who pretend to be concerned, but they're only halfway concerned about their partner's feelings, and only halfway truthful about their own flaws.

Here's my 30 second rewind of the show's themes:

A: "It's me."
B: "No, it's me."
A: "Don't you understand, it's you!?"
B: "Stop blaming me, you bastard?!"
A: "We're not working out."
B: "I don't know what you're talking about."
A: "Isn't this great?!"
B: "We're not working out."
A: "I love you."
B: "I love you, too."
A: "I hate you."
B: "I hate you, too."
A: "You wanna have sex?"
B: "Hell yeah!"
A: "You wanna have sex?"
B: "Hell no!"

It boils down to tired writing.

Netflix said that I would rate it 4.1 stars; on average, it received 3.3 stars.  I rated it 2 stars, and I couldn't get through the first disc.

It's the first show I've ever tossed out discs from my queue because it was too boring.  I've previously tossed out discs because one was unavailable, making the whole series rather pointless to watch.

No comments: