Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Google Play Books update: Now you can upload your PDFs and ePubs.

Did you notice it?  If you check your Play Store updates, there's one waiting for you: Google Play Books.  According to the What's New section:
"Support for reading your own PDF or EPUB files.  You can now upload the files through our website play.google.com/books/uploads, and read them on all your devices."

Let me say that this is huge!  I've been wanting this functionality since I first got my Nexus 7.  Soon, I'll be able to upload the free digital magazines, catalogs and reference material that I'm currently storing in Drive, Box and Dropbox, and have it all easily accessible and cached.

Just realize however, that this is fresher than fresh bread, so you can't quite yet upload content until they've rolled out the updates.

No comments: