Tuesday, March 19, 2013

This chart says it all: DON'T MAJOR IN ARCHITECTURE!

Okay, maybe slightly over-dramatic, but this Coroflot review and chart reflects a basic truth I've known since I was in high school: Architects are not well paid, contrary to what people think.  I blame Greg Brady and Howard Roark.

I know what you're thinking: Wait, the principals at my firm earn way more than that!  Well, for one, you don't really expect some old people to respond to a Coroflot survey, do you?  ("Coro-what?" said the old man.)  But, the point really is that you'd expect the same sort of bias across the board, therefore the relative salaries are still relevant.

It's worse in Oregon than Washington for Architects, by the way.  If you simply compare the total aggregate salaries of all creative jobs in both states, then look at just Architects, there's a larger discrepancy in Architect's salaries.



No comments: