Saturday, March 2, 2013

An example of Citimortgage wasting money.

This evening, I ran into a neighbor in my building, and she told me that she was amazed that I left some package downstairs for weeks.  I assured her that I had a package a few weeks ago, but that it was downstairs for just a day, but she insisted that it was there for weeks.

I checked the table, and there it was: a UPS express letter package from Citimortgage, sitting there.  I opened it up and it was junk mail -- a refinance offer.

The last run in I had with them, they mistook a request for written terms of their refi offer, to mean that I wanted to apply for a refi, and sent overnight refi forms all filled out waiting for my signature.  Again, a company that enjoys wasting money and, for the record, an example of the aggressive loan actions of banks prior to the housing collapse.

I didn't think any banking corporation could be that stupid as to throw money away like that, not after the housing collapse; it's just mind-boggling how blind they are on the optics of this sort of stunt.  They haven't fixed a thing at Citi.

Bad on UPS guy, too.  I wasn't expecting a package and he didn't leave a note anywhere.

No comments: