Friday, March 29, 2013

Busy day.

Fortunately, because the defendant's lawyer (apparently) asked for a continuance, I didn't have to go to court as a  witness today; instead I got to hang out with my father who came to town last night.

(On the way back from the airport last night, I stopped for a brief moment at Broadway Toyota (they were closed) to try to sell him on the idea of getting the Prius C, which is smaller, safer, and double the mileage of his 20 year old car.  His car bottoms out -- no support left in the springs, it just collapses -- when you go over even the smallest of humps or driveways, and contributes a gazillion-times more CO2 and sulfur than the Prius C.  But most of all, with the way he drives (city driving on the freeways), he'd probably get 60 MPG with the Prius C.)

Tonight we had dinner and beer at McMenamin's on Broadway.  I hadn't seen Purple Haze on the menu before, but apparently it's been available for a few years now -- I guess it goes to show how little alcohol I actually drink these days.  Purple Haze is a marionberry-flavored ale that is zero bitter and lighter in flavor than the McMenamin's stable of Ruby.

Good times.


No comments: