Thursday, March 7, 2013

Played with the Nook HD+.

I stopped by at a Barnes and Noble store on my way between places, and I thought I'd check out the Nook HD+..  Wow.  What a bargain the Nook HD+ is.

The tablet is just 1mm thicker than my Nexus 7, and although it is over a third of a pound (175g) heavier, it also has a 9" screen, and for what it's worth, the Nook HD+ is 13.16 g/square meter while the Nexus 7 is 14.27 g/square meter; in other words, it feels light in the hand.

The downside: B&N is bleeding $ and you have curated apps instead of the open access to Google Play.  But if B&N closes shop (more likely gets bought out by someone) or drops Android tablets and takes up just the content side, never fear as there are means to root it and join the Google Play universe.

No comments: