Monday, March 18, 2013

Daffodils!

Bought some daffodils -- soooooo cheap at $2/bunch (10 stems) -- at Safeway tonight, to play around with my new (refurbished) camera, old manual macro lens, old micro-focusing mount, and the built-in HDR toning software inside of Photoshop CS5.1.

It hasn't been blue skies outside, so I figure I'd spend some time playing around with the camera indoors.

Some things I learned:

  • Photoshop CS5.1 (included in the CS5.5 suite) doesn't support RAW from my Nikon D3200;
  • I can preview, import and convert them (RAW files) using -- of all the software to support RAW -- Google's Picasa, but that it leaves it with a small purple stripe on the right side;
  • It doesn't make a whole lot of sense (at least for macro, indoor photography) to bracket photos then import-merge as HDR into Photoshop, when you can use the HDR toning inside of Photoshop;
  • My eyes are in terrible shape, as my first batch was poorly focused.



No comments: