Thursday, September 27, 2012

PAC-12 Week 5 predictions.

At least I got the upset of the week correct -- Oregon State beat UCLA in Pasadena.  Of course with a week off and lots of game film, I don't think it was that much of a stretch that the Beavers could handle the Bruins.

Last week: 4 - 1
Overall: 22 - 16

I think this is the week that each team's identity is established.  Was Colorado's win at WSU a blip?  Is Cal stronger than it has shown so far?  Can Oregon and Stanford win on the road against PAC-12 opponents?

The upset of the week: I suspect Washington saw how poorly Josh Nunes performed for three quarters against USC, and will know how to dial up the run defense and force Nunes to win the game.  I also think that Stanford can't defend Price, a mobile quarterback, while it does well against immobile quarterbacks who stand in the pocket.

Week 5
VisitorHome
Oregon 38 WSU 17
ASU 21 Cal 31
Oregon St. 21 Arizona 24
UCLA 24 Colorado 21
Stanford 21 Washington 28

No comments: