Wednesday, September 19, 2012

MakerBot Replicator 2!

Few things really tempt me to spend money on, and this is one of them.  I haven't yet decided to get it, but this spanking brand new fused-deposit modeling 3D printer takes the hobbyist 3D printing up a big level closer to professional, $10,000 machines.  I don't think I can wait for a selective-laser-sintering 3D printer to get down to this price.

Gone is the CNC laser-cut wood frame, replaced with a powder-coated metal frame; it looks a lot more durable and professional.  Eye-popping WOW!

At $2199 with another $20+ for shipping depending upon your location and your shipping method, it may be more expensive than any other MakerBot printer, but also has a 100 micron (1/256") printing resolution.  That's some serious resolution!

Anyway, check out the video below, and read all about it at MakerBot's site.  I'm going to have to work extra hard to get some cash to get this baby, I think.


No comments: