Sunday, July 31, 2011

Tablets and Richard Marx.

Went to Staples on Saturday, the last day of the $100 off coupon for Android tablets, but came away with nothing -- every store was sold out of them except for one, but all they had were open box Xooms that they were selling for the standard price.  Who'd buy an open box at the regular price, when you don't know what - if anything - was taken?

The way I see it, if they were sold out, it's fate telling me to save my money.  Fun stuff to play with, but really, I've got a netbook, a laptop on the way, a workstation and a backup P4 in the closet that was supposed to be my Sandy Bridge project; I don't have a "need" for another device.

While at the store, I played around with the Blackberry Playbook and the HP WebOS TouchPad.  (Yesterday at Best Buy, I played with the Xoom, the Asus Transformer, the Toshiba Thrive, and the Acer Iconia.)  The Playbook did not excite me that much, but the TouchPad was very nice, and thin.

Playing with the TouchPad, I decided to have some fun.  I navigated the internet browser to Youtube.com/disco, then searched for Richard Marx to set up a Youtube playlist of Richard Marx tunes, and walked away.  When I walked past it a second time, it was still playing, even when it switched to demo display mode.  :D

How amusing would that be, if people were constantly navigating tablets at stores all around the world to play Richard Marx?

And if you're wondering what the first Richard Marx song played in the automated Youtube playlist, I have it below:

No comments: