Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I bought a tablet today...

Graphics tablet, that is. :D



Wacom's Bamboo Connect, CTL470, comes with Autodesk's Sketchbook Express.

It was a bargain I couldn't refuse...$69.95 + free 7-10 day UPS shipping, or 3-day UPS for just $0.60, from B&H.  I took it with the 3-day UPS shipping, so that I would get it by Friday.

Most places sell it for full retail at $79.95, or have it discounted, only to add on shipping fees that bring it back up to nearly $75+.

As for an Android tablet - and to be honest, no way am I getting an iPad or some future Windows8 tablet - I'm in the wait-and-see mode.  As much as the Kindle Fire is attractive at $199, it's heavily limited by the fixed 8GB with no expansion and without access to Android Market.

I was heavily considering the $79 Kindle, but after watching the UI in action, decided that the only version worth getting would be the $99 Kindle Touch WiFi, but since it's not coming out until November, I might as well wait to see what Barnes and Noble has for the holidays.

No comments: