Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The dog likes garbanzos.

Dogs - mine at least - are notoriously picky eaters.  They will pick through the scrum to find the stuff they like, and leave the remains by the wayside, scattered like tumbleweeds at the OK Corral.

The other week, I diverted some black beans and dime-sized torn pieces of flour tortilla from my burritos to his bowl of wet lamb and rice dog food.  When I came back, everything was gone except the black beans.

Today, I added some garbanzo beans, excesses from yesterday's 5-star minestrone soup, along with some canned salmon with his wet dog food.  When I finished up my oatmeal, I came back and everything - garbanzo beans included - was gone.

Garbanzo beans good; cooked broccoli tasty; anything baked from flour yummy; any fleshy meat excellent; black beans a no go; fruits no way; carrots nope.  And if you think that by watching another dog relish some disagreeable food would change his mind, you'd be wrong.

No comments: