Tuesday, August 2, 2011

SEO on Google search results.

I've noticed this effect described in this SEO blog, that Google has subtly altered its algorithm to push organic results incorporating sites and posts that are non-commercial, and instead are apropos posts from diverse, passionate sources, such as blogs.

For all the complaints by companies that seed the internet with fake sites that repost original content to either spread spam, malware, or simply use SEO to boost paid commercial sites, there's nothing more frustrating than to see these sites at the top of your search results.

But I think Google should have buttons on the side to filter the type of traffic, so that I can either exclude or include blogs, news sites, etc., from my search results.  Just a thought.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I don't know a whole lot about SEO, but it would be nice to not be bombarded with irrelevant advertisement.