Thursday, June 20, 2013

President of gay conversion evangelical group apologizes.

I think this is rather huge.  Alan Chambers, president of Exodus International announced that they were closing their main organization, allowing chapters to continue on as they wish, but also apologizing for the pain they had caused over the years.
"I do not have any desire to fight you on your beliefs or the rights that you seek. My beliefs about these things will never again interfere with God’s command to love my neighbor as I love myself."
That pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it?  You don't have the right to tell someone that what they're doing is morally unjustified, when what they're doing has no impact on anyone else -- you let God decide.

It's a remarkable epiphany for someone to understand this, in my opinion.

No comments: