Saturday, June 29, 2013

I regret that I have but one brain to use.

Life demands choices: Aside from daily life activities, I can either design or blog.  But this week there was a new entry to the competition of my time: CNET's Daniel Terdiman's daily Road Trip picture challenge.
A spatial exploration and some planters

Design -- Half the time, design means work.  For example, this past week it was much about work.  But other times I spend a lot of time exploring ideas and designs.  I have a Pinterest board dedicated towards saving images of things that I'd like to explore, but more often I just suddenly find inspiration to explore some thought in my head -- this spatial study was from last week, and the planters from the week before.

Blog -- If I blog, I would prefer that it were an exercise in research and analysis, but those posts require an hour or more, from research, analysis and composition.  I like doing these types of posts, and this week was filled with big news that deserved a lot of attention, but I just didn't have the time to do them proper, so I simply skipped out on all of SCOTUS' decisions and the Texas abortion filibuster, among many other things.

Road Trip picture challenge -- I got hooked last Summer.  It's one of the few things in life that I feel properly challenged, instilling a panic within me, of not finding the answer in time.  Like blogging, I do it for a reason: It forces me to be creative in searching, trying to connect the dots and analyze photos to find clues.  Knowing how to find answers is more important than knowing everything, because, well, no one can ever know everything, but not many people know how to find what they're looking for.

Anyway, that's why I barely posted anything this past week.

No comments: