Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Gmail phishing notices.

Have you noticed them lately?  If you go through your spam folder, Gmail tells you why it thinks a particular email is spam, including this one that is a phishing attempt (below image).  If it is a potential phishing scam, the links are disabled.

This particular one is humorous, because I do not have a Chase account, and anyway you can see the sender's email address.

I'm not sure what to make of this.  Either this person who registered politicalpsychologyresearch.org (who lives in Eugene Oregon at the Crest Villa Apartments) is clueless that one of his accounts was compromised, or his company, The Bot Works, is actually a nefarious-minded business looking to steal information from people.


Speaking of phishing scams, right now LinkedIn-related emails are clogging my spam folder. Every day I get at least two purportedly from LinkedIn. Mind you, these are easy to catch because, of course, I do not use LinkedIn.

No comments: