Saturday, April 7, 2012

Standing while working.

This week, I switched my working position to standing.  I grabbed my laptop and plopped it onto the bar-height (42") built-in table that separates the kitchen from the living area.  I have a bar chair from Ikea at my side, in case I desire to sit down for a bit.

First thing I noticed, is that there is no way my feet will fall asleep, now.  It also turns out that standing in place is not so bad on the feet, compared to walking (or running).  Standing, as opposed to sitting, also affords me greater incentive to move around more.

The down side, is that the dog can't sleep next to me while I work.  He loves to curl up and fall asleep by my side while I work.  Because I stand in the kitchen and it's the one place he does not like to venture into (probably due to his life before I adopted him from the Humane Society), he does not want to lie next to my feet.

It's been a nice change of pace.

No comments: