Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A note to Mitt.

Don't give me your BS speech about how Obama is pitting American against American.  I was never with you and your BFF Ted Nugent.

  • I don't believe that money trickles down.  I believe wealth trickles UP.  If the good folks working at companies that Bain invests in, all decide to walk off the job, you're up diarrhea creek with the leveraged loans that Bain used.
  • I don't believe in strapping pets onto the roof a a vehicle.  My dog gets sick riding in the car too, but I would never force him to ride on the roof, in a kennel, just like I would NEVER strap my mother on the roof, simply because she gets car sick (which she does).
  • I think women should choose for themselves whether they want to follow a religious - yes I said RELIGIOUS - belief that life begins at conception.  I choose to believe in God, and I think everyone should have that right to review their own conscience.
  • I believe in protecting the environment and respect the Earth -- so do the US Catholic Bishops.
  • I believe that threatening Iran with war is contrary to Jesus' messages that, "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God."
  • I believe Russians aren't our enemies.  If I had to choose between a Russian pacifist and you, I'd always choose the Russian pacifist, even if he had halitosis, cleaned his nose with his fingers and couldn't speak a word of English.  And I'm no pacifist.
  • I don't flip flop.  I most especially have a distaste for hypocrisy.
  • I don't say anything.  I choose my words carefully, and I especially don't change my words to appeal to different people.
  • I believe in social justice, labor laws, and that the health of a nation is measured in the well being of its people.  That doesn't mean that I support the people who cheat the system, just like I didn't support the folks at Enron who cheated the capitalist, free markets.
  • I believe that GDP = private GDP + public GDP, as stated in Economics 101.
  • I believe that running a country is not the same as running a business.  A business' motive is profit, but nowhere in the US Constitution's Preamble, does it state as such:
    • "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."
  • I don't believe in confidence fairies who will lavish America with gold, if Republicans are voted into office -- I believe Democrats have always been better for the American economy, by avoiding fairies and searching for truths.
In short, I was never with you.

No comments: