Saturday, April 7, 2012

Catching up. Photos of the past week, etc.

Tues afternoon - Friday morning, I was working on getting a set of thumbnail images together for a building contractor: a monthly documentation of their schedule of work for an RFP. No cad files, so I had to wing it and redraw it from PDF plans -- no small task when the building's design was clearly not construction-ready, but that's a whole other story in itself.



I gave them a much lower price than what it really cost (in time and money) because I thought I could learn a lot from engaging in the process. In essence, what would have normally been a 40~60 hour process, I figured out how to push it down to 20 hours. I had initially thought I could push it down to 10 hours, but that was completely unworkable.

Back to life.

This past week, the Willamette River came - relatively speaking - close to flood stage, two years straight.  The same planting area along the banks were once again inundated, and the same sidewalk areas were again crested.

More flowers blooming, all around.  The big exception is the street of older cherries between NW 21st and 22nd on NW Lovejoy -- those blossoms are still in closed buds, another two weeks away.  It's a great show when they bloom.

Dog barking at me.  Oh, and the river's a bit high, crashing over the sidewalk.
The stairway to water...what the folks at McCormick Pier are probably concerned about.
Why yes, it is still Spring.
I'm watching you watching me watching you.
Oh Dandy....ahhhhhchooo!
Double-petal cherries finally blooming - 9th / Waterfront.

No comments: