Sunday, April 8, 2012

iPhone 4S 4G on AT&T?!?

Android Army, should we go out there and embarrass iOS users with our hardware?

I was helping a friend download GasBuddy onto her iPhone 4S "4G" on AT&T, and it took forever -- in this case, forever was a couple of minutes.  I was annoyed at how long it was taking, so I popped my Samsung Galaxy S-II to show her how GasBuddy works on my phone on T-Mobile's "4G" HSPA+ 42Mbps, and I instantly got a map of all the gas stations near us, and their prices.

When I download apps, even the large ones take just a few seconds at worst.

AT&T's network is more like slow-G or no-G.

And the embarrassing part, is that the iPhone 4S on AT&T is the fastest iPhone out there in the entire world...no LTE or WiMax version.

Now I see why AT&T's iPhone users lead all others in the US, in using WiFi usage.  Now it all makes sense why my friend doesn't use her phone to shoot lots of pictures, like I do, and upload them...takes too long for them.


Took longer to find this image in my Picasa account, than to upload it. 


No comments: