Thursday, June 23, 2011

Some thoughts on Nokia's N9 and WP7 Mango comparison.

Today, image / video leaks of Nokia's WP7 Mango phone are spreading, but basically, it's an N9 on the hardware / outside.  (Yes, bad image of the WP7 Mango phone below, but it was a leak.  And though it may not look like it, the hardware is nearly identical to the N9.)

I've never bought into the live tiles, but upon placing the images side by side, I guess the thing is, Android, iOS and MeeGo all share the same UI access to apps (more or less), while the live tiles are very different.  And maybe that's a flaw inside of my thinking, that because Microsoft's live tiles is so different, that it sucks.  I don't know for sure, but it just doesn't get me excited at all.  I mean, if you compare side to side on the same hardware, live tiles is most definitely a monumental paradigm shift, but is it a good shift?

I think I'm going to go to a T-Mobile store to play around with the WP7 phone to see exactly how it operates (and check out the newest Android G-Slate tablet).


No comments: