Saturday, September 7, 2013

Smart watches are dumb.

Yoda never wore a smart watch; neither did Spock, or anyone on the cargo ship the Firefly, or in Farscape.

The only time you've ever seen a smart watch worn was in the 30s, by Dick Tracy.  To me, this should be a sign that watches in general, are a decorative anachronism to an analog age.  The exception being, people who need watches because they're either athletes, remotely located or in the military, in which case they don't need a smart watch, so much as a reliably always available and accurate watch.

Where's the curved, indestructible, bendable glass that's so thin, you can barely tell that you're wearing a watch?  At least if you're going to show off a smart watch, don't make it look like my old Casio from elementary school.  Back then, having a calculator on your arm was useful because we didn't have smart phones and the only calculators available were the bulky ones like the HP 10c.  (Oops, I just dated myself once again!)

Ah well.  I got bored, so I wasted half a day playing around building my own.

No comments: