Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tree falls in the forest: Zynga breaks DrawSomething

Just over a month ago, DrawSomething broke.  It now takes several minutes to load data, and then when it does finally load, you have to wait another several minutes for coins, bombs and colors to show up.  On top of that, sometimes games also lag in loading.

The problem has persisted even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, purging all data.  One time, I left my tablet on (with 75% battery remaining) to wait for DrawSomething to load, and by the time I came back, my tablet had shut down due to low battery levels.

Nearly a month and a half later, it dawned on me: The folks at Zynga may be somewhat clueless to what's going on, and therefore haven't bothered to fix it: If people stop playing, people stop caring / no players, no complaints!

As they say, if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, did it really fall?  Likewise, if no one is around to complain, is there really a bug in the software?

I guess it's time for me to leave Zynga's game, too.

No comments: