Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Even a politically homogeneous group has in-group politics.

Had a fun afternoon today, meeting with a client group that is politically homogeneous.  Opinions, it turns out, are no less diverse within the group, than outside of it, making consensus no less complex and difficult.  Gender is a fairly big factor too.  What I saw today:

  • The facilitators
  • The dominant cynic
  • The wishful thinkers
  • The eager participators
  • The self-defeated
  • The comedian
After the first half-hour, I had to hold back my chuckles because I had a read on most everyone in the room.

It was great though, as new themes popped up and would contribute to my schematic design (which I haven't yet tackled except for the entryway).  Got the contract signed, and now we're ready to go.

No comments: