Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Portland General: tracking your daily energy use.

I stumbled upon this, while paying for my bill online: a nifty tool that allows you to track your daily energy usage, alongside the days of the week and that day's temperature.  You can even export the data to create your own, long-term chart / tracking.


The first thing I noticed, is that my energy use uniformly plummets on weekends - lighter blue bars.  It's the 'I work at home, but not on weekends' effect.

Also, temperature has not made any difference in the usage of energy.  I can attest to this fact, because I have my thermostat turned off most of the time, opting instead to simply turn on the AC/heat when I feel like I need to.  My temperature control is the window.

If you're a customer, log in online, then on your account main page, you'll see an energy tracker.  Underneath it, click on the "your energy use".  You'll find there are lots of different ways to look at your data, besides the one chart I've highlighted.

No comments: