Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Official US propaganda coming soon to the US?

Not that government propaganda has a place in the world, ever, but this is downright scary.

There is an amendment in Congress, HR 5736, which would fully break down a 64 year old barrier that prevented US propaganda from being disseminated within the US.

Under current 22 U.S.C. § 1461, "[propaganda] shall not be disseminated within the United States, its
territories, or possessions" except by request from members of the news media and scholars.

The proposed change states that "[propaganda] may be made available within the United States and disseminated, when appropriate."

So I guess this means lying to ourselves shall be acceptable.


I have a great life, I am free, no one is watching over my shoulder.

I have a great life, I am free, no one is watching over my shoulder.

I have a great life, I am free, no one is watching over my shoulder.


Or you can sign the petition or write to your senator, demanding that the US Government not be allowed to lie to its own people.

No comments: