Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chrome Store stuff I'm digging.

Love me some lists.  Today it's my Chrome Store list of stuff that I regularly use or love.

Extensions:
  • Google Chrome to Phone - Allows you to send links from Chrome to your Android phone.  I've used this a few times, but ultimately I'm waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich that will allow me to use Chrome for Android, ensuring all my links are always sync'd.
  • privacyscore - It's a quick check to see if the site you're visiting has a clear privacy policy, and just how many tracking cookies including 3rd party ones, are used.  This one's an external install, via Privacy Choice's website.
  • goog.gl URL Shortener - Indispensable tool to shorten URLs in a pinch, for comments on the internet.
  • FlashBlock - It's how I avoid the annoying flash ads.
  • AdBlock - I love this thing.  No intrusive ads, and you can pause it for sites like Hulu.
  • Print Friendly - Allows you to cut out things in the layout of a page, that you don't want.
  • Vanilla Cookie Manager - Indeed, I use Chrome's native cookie blocker, but this one as well.  Easy enough to manage cookies.
Apps:
  • The QR Code Generator - Simply the best means of generating QR codes that you might want to place on print materials such as business cards, posters, etc.
  • MindMapr - This is a really cool tool for mapping out ideas in bubbles.
  • AudioSauna - Complicated but really cool tool for creating music or audio loops. 
  • Sumo Paint - There are many paint programs that are available nowadays.  This one is fairly quick to figure out, because it has a simple interface that reminds me a bit of an older version of Photoshop.
  • Atari Tempest - Was one of my favorite games in the 80s.
  • Atari Asteroids - Was not my favorite, but it sure brings back memories of the 80s.
  • Atari Centipede - Was another favorite game in the 80s.
  • Gantter - Everyone seems to like Gant charts, but if you don't have Microsoft Project, Gantter allows you to open .mpp files and view them, print them, etc.
An app that has promise, but that I haven't yet quite used it because I don't feel the need to be organized, is Wave Accounting.

Now obviously, I've also installed the "apps" for Google Finance, Blogger, News, Books, Docs, Picasa, Gmail, Calendar, Maps and YouTube, but they're more like shortcuts than anything else.

I've got quite a bit more stuff in my apps list and my extensions folder, but they're not nearly as important to me than the items listed above.

No comments: