Monday, May 28, 2012

GS-II LDE Gingerbread T-Mobile -- an update to the update.

So I've noticed a few things have changed, with the T-Mobile interim update for the GS-II.

First, to answer / reject phone calls, the slide UI has been replaced with the Honeycomb-like circular, unlock screen -- I'm going to guess this is a response to an Apple lawsuit.  Unfortunately, it seems that screen capture won't work at the same time as an incoming phone call is up on the screen, so I can't show it.  Still, if you've played with a Honeycomb tablet, you'll more or less get the idea.

Second, the live wallpapers have changed.  The Nexus microbe wallpaper has disappeared, replaced with live weather wallpapers -- I'm guessing this is a Samsung thing because it is tied to Accuweather, which shipped with the GS-II phone in an exclusive widget.  As the weather and time changes, so does the live weather wallpaper.  The folks at Samsung ought to go stare at a real beach, because their live wallpaper does not come close.  I do like how it shows raindrops if it's supposed to be raining outside, though.


Third - but I'm not sure about this - but there seems to be some additional widgets.  I can't tell if these were already there to begin with, but I've never used these dual analog-style and digital-style clocks -- they don't have alarms, so they're not useful to me.


Oh yeah, and if you look closely, the phone icon (green tile at the bottom left) changed ever so slightly. It didn't have the light border around the tile, and it wasn't subdivided into 9 squares before.

No comments: