Tuesday, May 29, 2012

IE9 ads...are they annoying you, too?

I really don't know why they keep showing up in Hulu ads, even though I keep down-clicking them.  They annoy me and they should annoy you too, because IE9 is OLD!

I've pointed out before that the ad's quote in which NYT declares IE9 to be fast, came from 2010.

Now, let me direct you to the USA Today quote in the same ad they've been running for the last three months, stating that IE9 is, "a major step forward".  Don't be surprised, but that quote is also from 2010.

You want absurd?  The Digital Trends quote they used, which states, "IE9 will change the web forever" is over two years old.


And again, just to show how ridiculous Microsoft's ads are, I ran IE9 64 bit and Chrome 20 through some tests.

Chrome 20 scores 413 on the HTML5Test and a 59% passing rate on the CSS3Test, while IE9 scores a measly 138 and 33% respectively.  Chrome 20 ran 178ms on the 0.9.1 Sunspider test (javascript), while IE9 ran a whopping 862ms!

IE9 is dated, slow and downright embarrassing!  Have you no shame, Microsoft?

No comments: