Thursday, March 1, 2012

Clearwire service...update.

Today I was updating my credit card payment info on Clear's website, and then it struck me, that I should call to see if they would give me a discount, after being with them for so long.  Talking with the rep and then the next level up, I got my price to go down back to $35.50 on a promotional for the next 6 months (it's actually lower than what I was previously paying.)

So the moral of the story is: Call and ask about discounts, on the notion that you are open to leaving because you're getting good offers in the mail to switch.  It worked when I upgraded my cell phone on T-Mobile, and now it has worked with Clear.  Also, I know for a fact that renewal of promotional pricing is automatic when you talk on the phone with Comcast, even though I long ago cut the cable cord and opted for Netflix and Hulu.

I will say this: I've never had trouble with customer service at Clear...just sometimes, as you know, their speeds slow down to a crawl.

One last thing: it does not work with insurance companies.


Update: The rep said my new plan would be unlimited and faster, so after rebooting the modem and router, I tested it out, and...I don't know when was the last time it was this fast. Glad I called Clear.  Sure, it's not faster than Comcast, but at 7Mbps, I won't be constrained when streaming videos.


No comments: