Friday, May 14, 2010

Loud music and TV while falling asleep...

and why I won't wake up immediately when the alarm clock radio starts playing in the morning. It's like a sleep aid - to fall asleep and to dream - that makes sleeping enjoyable such that I wake up refreshed.

The aural disturbance actually keeps me in the partial state of being awake and completely sleeping, which is when I dream the most. I know this to be the case, because I can literally hear the TV ad in my dreams, and how it's difficult to make sense of the two, concurrent events. It's what actually gives me the ability to produce lucid dreams, where I can actually guide the dream to where I want to go, or do things that I want to do, as if I were awake and aware of being asleep. If you've never had a lucid dream, you're missing out!

And if you get to wake up to sunshine, life is truly awesome. Nothing can beat having a lucid dream, then waking up to sunshine and sitting in the sun for 15 minutes. Talk about a rush of happiness.

*Disclaimer* I woke up after a lucid dream this morning, and am sitting in the sun right now, which is why this post is borderline giddy. :D

No comments: