Sunday, June 18, 2017

Playing Catch-Up

This post is about me. Thus, feel free to ignore it, my feelings won't be hurt.

When I was young I used to harbor the simple goal that one might call the American Dream, which was to succeed financially and have a family with 2.5 children.*

By the time I was about to turn 30, I realized that my true dream was quite different than my initial, fake goals in life. Instead, my life-long dream was to learn and synthesize. This may not sound mentally sound, but being a beach bum wasn't such a bad idea if it gave me the time I needed to think.

You see, when you're a thinker, you see the future. That is, you're able to synthesize the knowledge you've absorbed to produce ideas that eventually come to fruition.

I'm always thinking. I fall asleep thinking. I wake up thinking. I think while eating. I'm always asking the question, "What if?"

In part, this blog was meant to document some of those thoughts.

I'm going to start posting some past and current ideas, and their disposition, as a means of documenting these thoughts better. I'm catching up to what's in my head, in other words.

No comments: