Friday, August 3, 2012

I have to hedge my prediction on the 2012 election.

I feel bad, but I have to hedge my prediction.  I've just read HuffPo's report that CNN has found someone who can vouch for Harry Reid's assertion that there's a source within Bain, and that this person would know whether or not Mitt paid US taxes during the last decade.

I did not actually believe Harry Reid's assertion (that Mitt had paid zero taxes the last decade) because of the sheer implausibility of it, and therefore I hadn't bothered to blog about it.  But with this second person coming forward vouching for the fact that there is someone inside of Bain who knows what's going on and is willing to let it out on the sly, changes everything.

I now think the odds are even that Mitt might be forced to withdraw from being considered for the nomination before the GOP convention.  If he doesn't, he may be facing a historical flameout that would be worse than Michael Dukakis' loss of words over Willie Horton.

No comments: