Sunday, February 12, 2012

Speaking of the late 80s and Whitney.

I never really thought about it until now, but I must have seemed like some crazy person by my peers, in my senior year in high school.

Here's what happened in senior year:

  • Love triangle (the second of three in my entire life) with two freshmen who were each other's best friend.  Both liked me, both tried frequently to sit on my lap.  I didn't actually end up with either one of them, but we had some great times together after football games.
  • Short-lived relationship with a freshman girl from an all-girl private school.  We met at the McDonald's All-American Marching Band practices, and ended up having a great time slow dancing.  It ended quickly however, when I called her one night and her mother told me in absolute terms, that I shouldn't be seeing a freshman girl.
  • There was this other girl from another school...I think if I pushed it, we could have dated, but she was a junior and well, I already knew that I was going away for college.  That would have been too rough.  Still, I remember the moonlight in her eyes one night when we were alone at a park -- it's my favorite memory of her.
  • Got asked to go to a sophomore ball.  Went.  Meh.
  • Took a great friend to prom (not from my school), stayed out until 4:30 am.  Went to USC orientation and placement tests about 4 hours later.  Parents were not happy at all about that, but I aced the math exam allowing me to bypass all math courses in college, and the English exam allowed me to gain free credits to apply for general studies.  The parents couldn't complain when I told them how I did.
Ain't life grand?

So in celebration of the good times in 1988, here's my list of songs (nearly 90 minutes long) that I would have played in 1988, if I were the DJ (in this specific order with ballads at the end):

No comments: