Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How I achieve a state of calm peacefulness.

Lying on my back and eyes closed, I go back in my mind to a specific event in my past that I had intentionally stored away at the time, absorbing the entire environment including all my sensations of the moment:

A day in 2008 when I was floating on my back (no floating device needed), on the water, at Waikiki Beach, hands behind my head in a rested position, with the warmth and brightness of the sun glowing through my shut eyes, and a grin on my face.

San Souci near Waikiki.  I floated here too -- another perfect day, of many.

The happiness of the feeling of that moment, flows through my body from head to toe.  It is a tool of sorts, to use when I wish to relax and reach a state of complete peace, actively lowering my pulse to below 48 beats per minute - about 20 below my resting heart rate - without falling asleep.

It's probably the scene and memory I'll go back to, on my death bed...with the same grin on my face. --->  :)

No comments: