Sunday, February 23, 2014

10 thoughts for February 22, 2014


  1. Mmm.  Beets.  I don't know why, but I seem to love all the foods that most people are iffy or downright hostile towards, including beets, brussels sprouts, radishes, eggplant, and liver.  OMG, brussels sprouts with liver!
  2. Most of the time that I cook, I do simple prep.  I rarely season except for a dash of salt on meats and vegetables.  
  3. The dog likes oats.  Toasted oats or oatmeal, it doesn't matter.  He also likes bread.  One thing he does not care for, is raw veggies.  Once cooked however, and it's all tasty to him.
  4. Speaking of cooked veggies, generally, cooking vegetables breaks down the cellular structure of the plant material, thus unlocking a number of benefits of said vegetables.  So, I don't see why people are all crazy over raw diets.
  5. Corn doesn't seem to have much of a dietary benefit.  It's difficult to digest and more or less comes out looking as it went in.  Having said that, I love me cornbread, tortilla chips, and corn on the cob with butter, cream of corn, etc.
  6. It seems that my choice of not investing time into watching the Winter Olympics has paid off.  The US team seems to have left its competitiveness at home this year.  Therefore, I had zero letdown.
  7. I do pay attention to the medal count, however, and it appears that Russia is on its way towards spending $1.7B per medal which its athletes have earned.  Never before has a semi-precious metal let alone medal cost so much to earn.
  8. It's still warmer in Sochi than it is in Portland Oregon, by the way.  It begs the question: Should I have gone to the Winter Olympics to get away from the rains, ice, snow and winds from Winter in Portland?
  9. It's not yet here, but the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (the cheaper cousin to the Note Pro 12.2), is listed at Best Buy's website, priced at $649.99.  It looks really nice, and I'm very tempted to get it, because I've been wanting a larger tablet to use for presentations and easier digital magazine reading.  But gosh, I just feel as though Google will surprise us with a 12.2" Nexus tablet of their own, soon, and I much prefer having a pure Android experience with immediate updates.
  10. Speaking of Androids, Mobile World Congress has arrived (Barcelona, Spain), and so there will be a slew of new devices (from a variety of platforms) introduced over the next few days.  Meanwhile Google I|O 2014 was recently announced, and unlike its usual May appearance, it will be in late June this year, and you pretty much have to be a developer to get in, aside from all the journalists, that is.

No comments: