Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tebow's more hype than skill.

Here's what's wrong:

  1. He's passed for the fewest yards of 33 quarterbacks who've thrown at least 224 passes in the season.
  2. He's got the lowest completion rate of those 33 quarterbacks.
  3. He thinks too much when he throws, and when he throws with time to think about it, he points to where he's going to throw to, often resulting in underthrown or overthrown balls, or tipped passes.
  4. And I swear, some of those throws resemble knuckleballs with little rotation, and I haven't yet seen a perfect spiral in the NE game.
I think he will improve with time and he's clearly a solid leader with a giant heart.  Yes, I like Tebow.  And I think he's a much better person than Cam Newton!

But he hasn't earned any of the ridiculous accolades being thrown at him.  He's no Elway, and he won't be a future Elway.  In the future, he'll be a better Tebow, but let's not get carried away, as if he's already there.

Oh, and might I add, Tom Brady is an elite quarterback.

But I don't like him.

No comments: