Friday, January 25, 2013

CBS This Morning: Migraines can be triggered by storms.

I'm watching CBS This Morning in the background, and I am amused.  They're talking about migraine triggers, and one of them is barometric pressure change.

I can't believe it took this long for some people to figure that out!

Several years ago, I noticed that, in the office there was a group of us who would get headaches when there were significant weather changes (rainy to sunny and sunny to rainy, etc).  If a storm came with strong winds, I could guarantee a severe headache.  That doesn't mean that barometric pressure is the only trigger; obviously there are quite a few others.  But for people who get migraines, fast barometric changes does typically trigger headaches if not migraines, from my observations.

No comments: