Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Reid and Boehner coming from the White House...an imagined conversation (with picture!)

Reid: You know you're going to get the blame if the government shuts down.
Boehner: Yeah, tell me about it.
Reid: Why don't you just settle and get on with the next battle?
Boehner: Are you kidding me?  I owe a lot of political capital to the Tea Party folks that got elected.
Reid: So?
Boehner: Hell, if I cut a deal now, they'll be calling for my hide.
Reid: Yeah.  Saw what those folks could do during the health care reform debates.  Nasty bunch of folks, unruly and all.
Boehner: You think?
Reid: You realize of course, those Tea Party folks won't get a Republican elected into the White House?
Boehner: Yep.
Reid: You're royally screwed, buddy.
Boehner: Aw hell.  I hate politics.
Reid: Me too, buddy.  Me too.

Via LA Times (AP photo)

No comments: