Thursday, December 30, 2010

A moment of personal clarity.

There are four things I have always liked, and I think it may lead to simply opening up a work studio / retail space for the purposes of doing:

  • photography
  • furniture
  • architectural / interior design
  • graphics
Can one person do all that?  Well why not?  There is no real competition to design; rather, it is a challenge to find people that enjoy your work and are willing to pay - something - for it. On occasion I have found exactly those people, but without the formal definition of what I do, I hadn't really bothered to charge people for a lot of stuff that I provided.

A facsimile of this idea has been floating in my head for a very long time, now.  But tonight / this morning, I decided that I didn't have to play by anyone's rules to achieve my desires, and it was okay to combine those four distinctively different professions.

Today, I found my path.  Now I need to plan how to get there from here.

No comments: