Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chrome OS Cr-48 laptops already out. NotionInk's Adam tablet is coming.

Note, I didn't apply to be a pilot tester, because well, I've got a bunch of native apps that I absolutely MUST use, and therefore this would only serve as a replacement for my netbook, of which I already tried running Hexxeh's Vanilla build of ChromeOS. If by some odd chance someone at Google decided to read this blog and send me a laptop anyway, I would not refuse, however!

Anyway, Engadget's got their Cr-48 laptop and have started going through it. You can read all about it here.

In similar news, NotionInk is taking pre-orders from invited persons, for their Android-based 10" tablet.  The base configuration has WiFi and a regular LCD screen for $375.33.  Add in the PixelQi daylight viewing transflective screen, and the price goes up to $499.45, but is probably something that will make iPad owners jealous.  In other words...worth getting, just so that you can read e-books in the daylight, and ask the person next to you with an iPad why they're not using their tablet in the direct sunlight.
Below, what a laptop looks like with PixelQi screen.  Big enough difference for the higher price to be worth it, I think.

No comments: