Saturday, December 25, 2010

Mele Kalikimaka!

Merry Christmas!

Watched the Midnight Christmas Mass at the Vatican in St. Peter's Basilica, and wondered if only the opportunity to visit once, would I rather make it to Easter Vigil or Midnight Christmas?  Difficult to decide one way or the other, as it reminds me of the conversation I once had with a friend: which is more important, Easter or Christmas?  While similar to the paradox of whether the chicken or the egg came first, in this case the Resurrection could not occur if the Virgin Mary had not borne Jesus.  Though as my friend pointed out, though Jesus may have been borne, were it not for his Resurrection, he would not ascend to the Right Hand of the Father...

So the question goes back again, if only to visit once, which of the two - Easter or Christmas - does one opportune to partake in?

In the meantime, enjoy your Christmas!

[Below picture has in no way any semblance of pertinence to Christmas, but I'm slowly adding photos from my collection, online.  This one is from the Craigdarroch Castle in Victoria, BC.  Photoshop'd with filter, FYI.]

No comments: