Wednesday, March 1, 2017

5 Thoughts for March 1, 2017


  1. Big: I'm of average-ish height, but my chest (42"), feet (11"), hands (9 1/4"), and calves say otherwise. I bring this up because I injured my calf -- I think it's a grade-2 tear/stretch -- and had to measure it in order to find an appropriately sized calf compression sleeve on Amazon. 16 1/2" -- that's pretty big, considering that I'm not 6' tall. So why did I tear my calf? Because I was trying out the 5BX -- I was flying through chart 1 at double the A+ level, right up until the running-in-place. But hey, if you're over 6' tall and have smaller calves, hands, chest, and feet, do not fret as most people are probably in the same boat as you, Donald.
  2. Donald's SOTU: Ratings are in, and apparently there were quite a few people who agreed with my choice as fewer people (43.3M) watched his SOTU compared to Obama's 2009 (52.4M). But put into perspective, and Donald's SOTU is actually even smaller. In February 2009, the US population was 305.7M and now it's 324.6M. That means 17.1% of all Americans watched Obama's first SOTU while just 13.3% watched Donald's. Always second-best.
  3. GOP's Alternative to Obamacare: The GOP's alternative to Obamacare royally screws the poor and older middle-income Americans. Because the GOP plan isn't tied to real prices, over time, all middle-income Americans will fall behind. Thus, it seems to me that the GOP tactic going forward will likely rely on starving the ACA of funds (just as they did with the risk corridor program, resulting in dozens of insurers forced out of the marketplaces) to make their proposal appear as the better (if false) choice.
  4. Bluebeam: Forgive me if I do not hold back, but it's shit. I understand why people want to use Revu for markups, and certainly what that highlights is the fact that Adobe's Acrobat is not up to snuff with what it should be capable of doing. Vu is nothing more than their version of Adobe Digital Editions and Studio is nothing more than cloud storage. If I were running a studio, I would not be using Bluebeam.
  5. PBS NewsHour: WATCH tonight's episode for one reason, the Gorka interview. Holy shit, not only is he creepy but he's highly confrontational, talks down, and thinks that he's alpha*. Judy Woodruff continues to show that she can't handle someone like Gorka. * -- You can always discern a 'pretend alpha' by his chest sticking out, among some other physical cues.

No comments: