Tuesday, February 28, 2017

5 Thoughts for February 28, 2017

  1. Grassroots Anger: Republicans remain skeptical, if not in denial, of the grassroots anger that is rising. Let them be. The longer it takes for these people to recognize what's going on, the less time they have to react and respect people. In the meantime, #RESIST.
  2. Perfect:

  3. What I'm Watching: I wouldn't call it a documentary, but Netflix's Abstract, The Art of Design, is very entertaining and fun to watch, also, it provides inspiration to work. Just finished Ripper Street -- Rose was always my least-liked character, but the ending sealed my opinion. Just finished Beyond Outrage, the follow-up to Outrage -- because, Takeshi (Beat) Kitano. I've added The Birth of Sake to my list, and I still plan on getting through season 3 of Black Mirror.
  4. Flu Update: It took just two days for the flu to come and go, but the bronchitis that followed is a completely different story. 17 days and my bronchitis is practically gone. I'd thought long and hard about going to the doctor to get some antibiotics in the first few days, and I'm sure most people would need them, but this was a great opportunity to force my already overactive immune system to do what it's supposed to, as opposed to all the mischief it likes to cause via allergies.
  5. State of the Union: I confess, I didn't bother. It served no useful purpose to listen in to someone attempt another pivot and sell himself as Our Savior. I understand that he used a softer tone, but they're just words to describe his heinous acts, e.g. no, I'm not murdering you, I'm killing you softly with this song (and dance). Don't believe me? Today he signed an EO that would require the NSF to support women entrepreneurs, which sounds wonderful, except that the NSF is the main funding arm of science, not entrepreneurs, and he's doing so while cutting NSF funds, therefore, he's extensively slashing real science funding under the guise of supporting women.

No comments: