Monday, February 14, 2011

Caffeine - a comparison between coffee, espresso and Red Bull.

IDK, I really like coffee myself.  I probably consume close to 1000mg of caffeine a day with the amount of coffee I drink.  Seems cost-effective, too, if you're looking to get your caffeine on:

385~410 mg -- 16.0 oz. Starbucks "Red Eye" = 15 oz drip + 1 shot espresso
330 mg -- 16.0 oz. Grande Starbucks drip
260 mg -- 12.0 oz. Tall Starbucks drip
180 mg  -- 8.0 oz. Short Starbucks drip
80 mg -- 8.46 oz. Red Bull
75 mg -- 1 oz. 1 shot of Starbucks espresso

Of course, with Starbucks (or any coffee) the beans vary dramatically in caffeine content, so it could be a lot higher than stated.  But more or less, you get the picture.  Just get a Grande Red Eye when you're very tired...it's like taking two maximum strength No-Doz pills.

Source for Starbucks and Red Bull caffeine content.

1 comment:

Espresso Maker said...

I actually wanted to type a quick word so as to express gratitude to you for these fantastic ideas you are placing at this website. My considerable internet lookup has at the end been honored with brilliant strategies to exchange with my classmates and friends. I would point out that many of us visitors actually are very lucky to live in a notable website with so many outstanding professionals with insightful secrets. I feel really blessed to have come across your web page and look forward to some more awesome minutes reading here. Thanks once again for a lot of things.