Monday, February 2, 2009

Top 10 Favorite Radiohead Songs.

  1. Creep
  2. House of Cards
  3. High and Dry
  4. Street Spirit (Fade Out)
  5. Karma Police
  6. How To Disappear Completely
  7. Optimistic
  8. Fake Plastic Trees
  9. Just
  10. My Iron Lung
"How To Disappear Completely" and "Optimistic" are probably low on other people's lists, but they make it into my top 10.  Creep is by far, my favorite Radiohead song.

I think Radiohead is such a favorite of mine because they express some fairly complicated emotions between sadness, self-pity and self-loathing, combined with an exasperation over a lack of control over life and circumstances.  In the end, what's it all about?  Work?  Life?  Death?  The machinations of a loving God, or the cruel Fate that was implanted with your genetics?  Worker bees go on without questioning life, and sometimes when you sit back and see how humans go about their lives, you can almost see a resemblance.  I know what some people will say, that Judas Priest was talking the same ideas.  But Judas Priest didn't speak to my soul like Radiohead does.

Love Radiohead.  I even love A Tribute to Radiohead - an all-strings tribute.



No comments: