Monday, February 9, 2009

The G1 phone.

With the correct adapter, I am able to stream internet radio stations on Shoutcast to my stereo, or listen to my mp3s.  The Last.FM app works perfectly now, so I can even stream stations I created on Last.FM.

In one press, I can check the current temperature just before I step outside, or see what the radar is (although they don't update it nearly as often as you'd like).

I can check the current time arrivals of the Portland Streetcar for specific stops.

With the RC33 update, voice-search is now enabled, and it's extremely accurate.  I can see this working really well when driving.  Just press a few buttons and talk.  You can literally search an address by voice, then bring it up on Google Maps and have it create directions to get you from wherever you are to your destination.  Only thing missing is turn-by-turn voice directions like your standard GPS nav device.

I can take photos then upload it to Picasa and share it with people.

Those apps they show in Apple's commercials?  Many of them are being added every day to the Google Android Market.  That bubble level on the current commercial, I've had it since last November.

One app, QuotePro lets me create customized lists of stocks, and in real-time updates prices in a really nice GUI.

With Compare Everywhere, I can scan the barcode at the store and see if there's another store with a better price, including online stores.

Not bad.

No comments: