Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Latecomer adopter.

I'm still holding out on:
  • Buying a new LCD TV, even though my 25" tube is around 15 years old.
  • Buying an iPod, even though my new Scion xB has iPod connectivity.
  • Buying a new DVD player, even though my current DVD player doesn't do MP3s and likes to variably darken and lighten the video.
  • Buying a second home, even though the money isn't the down payment is all but guaranteed (via special gift from parents).

But I figure as time goes by, I've saved a bundle from waiting this long, and I won't be getting old technology either, compared to those that rushed in. At some point this year, I'm going to splurge and get myself $2500 worth of audio and video equipment. The longer I wait, though, the cheaper this stuff gets...so when it's all said and done, I might only end up spending $2000.

No rush.

No comments: